Saturday, May 2, 2015

Ray Bradbury On Hiding Ignorance


"If you hide your ignorance, no one will hit you and you'll never learn."
~Ray Bradbury

    Who likes being hit? Not me. I'd rather not get smacked physically or figuratively. I'd also rather never be wrong either--I'd prefer to be correct in everything I do. Who doesn't feel that way?
    But there are times in life where we don't know something and we realize that--but we're afraid of asking for fear of being thought of as ignorant or stupid or something. So we stay silent and try to guess at what to do.
    But really, it'd be better for us to just go out and ask for an explanation. Sure, we might sound a little unknowledgeable--but the judgment, if there is any, probably won't last for more than a day. Plus you will officially learn quickly what you didn't know before.
    It's okay to admit it when you don't know something. Don't be afraid to ask.
    I hope you have a great weekend, citizens of blog land! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment