Thursday, May 14, 2015

Make The Most Of It


    Today, while I was walking back to my house, it rained--and it wasn't just a drizzle, it was rain that was unusually fierce and hard for the area I live in. Walking through it, I got wet. And I mean really, really, really wet.
    The rain was pelting down on me, my eyes were stinging from it, my precious denim jacket was getting drenched, my socks were even getting wet, so was the stuff inside my backpack, and I don't think there was a strand of dry hair left on my head by the time I got to shelter.
    It was not fun, getting very, very wet. I know this weather was nothing in comparison to the weather others have to face, but  people in my area aren't used to such heavy rain. Plus I didn't have an umbrella or a hoodie.  I got so wet and cold that I couldn't feel my pinkie toe when I got indoors. I felt a temptation to brood over the timing of this weather.
    But I didn't. Instead, as I was being rained on, I thought of how this would help me write scenes about a character being soaked in the rain. And with that thought, I daydreamed a bit about such scenes and characters, stories that would be a part of. It turned out to be really fun and awesome.
    So I guess it goes to show: making the most of things really does make situations better. I hope you find that to be true as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment