Sunday, May 24, 2015

Romans 5:20


". . . But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,"
Romans 5:20 (NKJ)

    I used to be constantly haunted by guilt about the dumb things I did before becoming a Christian--stupid, hurtful, childish things. Embarrassing things. It's painful to think about, and those memories just kept coming back to me on a daily basis. The guilt made life miserable.
    But one day, God got me to understand something this Bible verse exemplifies: His grace is greater and more powerful than not only the small mistakes, but the biggest sins--His grace forgives me of all the sins I committed.
    There's no limit to how many mistakes and sins God will forgive if we turn to Him with honest repentance. And He won't give up on us when we keep slipping up because His forgiveness is so vast.
    So we don't have to live with haunting guilt--we don't have to listen to the voices that continuously tell us we should be ashamed. God's grace has us completely covered, absolutely forgiven, totally redeemed.

No comments:

Post a Comment