Saturday, April 18, 2015

Be At Rest

 
"If you look at the world, you'll be distressed. If you look within, you'll be depressed. If you look at God, you'll be at rest."
~Corrie Ten Boom

    It's true, isn't it? When I look at the things that are happening in the world, all the political problems, the global threats, the evil that's shadowing this world, I tend to get at least a little nervous. And when I look at myself, really look at myself and remember the mistakes I've made, the sinful nature I've got, my human nature, I feel really disappointed.
    But when one looks at God and His awesome love, His incredible grace and forgiveness, and His unmatched power, all that fear and worry don't seem to matter anymore. The problems are dwarfed by God's awesomeness. When I see how much stronger than the enemy He is, I no longer fear them. When I see how God is willing to and has already forgiven even the sourest sin, I'm freed from guilt and shame. When I see how God wants to help me change and be better, I'm strengthened in that.
   We can rest in the Lord, in the sacrifice He made to redeem us. And it's a pretty great rest. It's freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment