Sunday, February 1, 2015

Psalm 145:19


"He will fulfill the desires of those who fear Him. He will also hear their cry and save them."
Psalm 145:19

    What a relief. :) To know that God wants to give us the desires of our hearts, that is. That He wants to give us good things that we'll love.
    Too often in the back of my mind, I get this idea that God always does good--but that it'll be uncomfortable or painful for me, that doing what's right doesn't bring joy. I get the idea that if I go God's way, I won't be happy.
    But that's not right! True, doing the right thing is not always easy, and sometimes we do go through difficulties--but it's always worth it, and God does give us joy. A lot of joy. God is the very creator of fun and happiness! He gave us desires so He could fulfill them.
    I'm so glad God is like this. Aren't you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment