Thursday, February 12, 2015

Imperfect


"We please Him most not by frantically trying to make ourselves good, but by throwing ourselves into His arms with all our imperfections and believing that He understands everything--and still loves us."
~A. W. Tozer

    I love this fact about the Lord so much. The fact that He doesn't want us straining to make ourselves "good". How He loves us even with our imperfections.
    Is anyone out there a perfectionist? I am, and sometimes little imperfections make me frustrated. I want them to change and if they don't change, I want them gone.
    Thank goodness God's not like that. He knows we're not perfect--we are far, far from it. We will never be perfect--not as long as we're on earth. But yet, God loves us. He's not short tempered. He's patient with us and accepts us even with all our flaws, imperfections, cracks, quirks, and mistakes.
    That kind of love is amazing, isn't it? It's so wonderful . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment