Monday, February 9, 2015

Little Squeaks

    A couple days ago, I asked a relative to fix my swivel chair--it squeaks, you see, and little things like that drive me nuts. But no matter what happened, there was at least a tiny noise when I sat down in the chair. It irked me immensely, and no matter what change was made, it was never perfect. Finally, my kinsman plainly and candidly said, "you're gonna have to get used to little squeaks."
Initial Reaction ^
    At first, I was irritated by that remark. Easy for him to say I should just ignore them--he wasn't bothered by that kind of stuff. But the more I thought about it, I realized that he was right.
    In life, there are gonna be little things that miff us. Little squeaks that make life one less than "perfect". Some think that without those little squeaks, those annoying quirks, life would be perfect. But really, life on this earth is never going to be perfect. Ever. We'll have to get used to the little squeaks, the imperfections of life, if we're going to move forward.
    It may seem impossible to ignore that stuff, but God will give us the strength to do it. He is our strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment