Sunday, December 14, 2014

James 1:17

 
"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning."
James 1: 17

    No variation and no shadow of turning--in modern terms, God isn't going to take the gift back. I sure am glad to hear that, aren't you? Because sometimes I am guilty of neglecting God's blessings or even taking them for granted--for both of those things, I deserve to lose those blessings. But God is so good that He doesn't take them back. Instead, He encourages me and strengthens me--that just warms my heart and makes me love Him more.
    You know what this verse also applies to? Jesus Christ, the ultimate Gift of God, and His grace. He never takes it back. Even when we mess up horribly, He never repeals His grace.
    What an awesome and generous God we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment