Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Isaiah 7:8


"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?' Then I said, 'Here am I! Send me.'"
Isaiah 7:8
    Wow. What would you have said to that?
    If God had come to you and said, "Anybody here want to be sent out for Me?" would you have blurted, "Ooh! I wanna do it! Pick me!" or would you have maybe thought, "Hmm. What does God mean by being sent out?"
    Going out to do God's work is an awesome and glorious duty that we're given. It truly is blessing to us and to others. Though yeah, there are things to consider first--doing service for God doesn't always make us very popular. In fact, sometimes we're even hated for taking a stand for God, and we need to be ready to face that and move on.
    But in the long run, in the end where it really matters, the way people may have mistreated us won't even matter when we see God pleased with the work we've done. And in the meantime, we can still enjoy going out for God, knowing that He will be with us every step of the way.
    What has God called you to do? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment