Thursday, December 22, 2016

Wintertime!

A winter sunset; what a blessing they are!
    Winter is a wonderful time of year.
    All of the seasons of the year are wonderful, and they each have their own style of beauty, but personally I love the changes that wintertime brings to the world most.
    Firstly, there's the matter of holidays. Christmas and New Year's happen during wintertime, and Christmas is the celebration of how Jesus Christ came to the earth to save mankind. It's definitely an important and joyous thing to celebrate! And New Year's Eve/Day is also a wonderful time to think about the past year's accomplishments and memories, and be glad for the gift of the new year!
    Then there's the weather. I think I've mentioned before that it rarely isn't hot or warm where I live, so chilly weather is a treat. Being able to bundle up in warm clothes, feel the cool air, and see the amazing phenomena that is snow . . . Winter weather's beauty is both elegant and strong at the same time, and it's a delightful thing to behold.
    And then there's the sky when the sun comes up and goes down. I'm not sure if this is something that happens everywhere, but during winter, the sunsets and sunrises I see are different than sunsets that occur during the rest of the year. During the winter, they tend to be more vibrant, with deeper colors and a smoother fusion of them that remind me of a painting. For some reason, it's like these amazing kind of sunsets only come during the end of the year, and they're something I really look forward to when it's becoming wintertime.
    So those are the major things I enjoy during this time of year. What are your winters like? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment