Thursday, December 1, 2016

Lovingkindness


    "Lovingkindness;" what a wonderful, wonderful word. The very sound of it emanates emotional comfort; kindness with immense care, beautiful grace.
    It's used in the Book of Psalms in the Bible a couple times. "Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You" (Psalm 63:3, NKJ),  "Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, for in You do I trust; cause me to know the way in which I should walk, for I lift up my soul to You" (Psalm 143:8, NKJ).  Most if not every time, "lovingkindness" is used when referring to the Lord, to His deeply caring nature.
    Which is fitting, since such continual kindness from love totally fits the way the Lord is. He is deeply kind, lovely, and His care for us is obviously immeasurable.
    This word in and of itself is great for how it's an instant reminder. Just hearing "lovingkindness" can bring to mind all the good, kind things the Lord has done and still does for us, and it reminds of how unstoppable and strong God's love is.
    Part of me wishes that "lovingkindness" was still in common use today, but the other part of me likes how its rarity makes it special and associated with God. You know what I mean? Don't you think "lovingkindness" is a beautiful word?

No comments:

Post a Comment