Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Voices Of Doubt


    On at least one occasion, I've abandoned stories I was writing because of a thought. A couple words in my mind that convinced me to give up on something I was once really, really excited about; on a project that could have had major potential.
    The thought that caused me to quit?  These words: this just isn't working out.
    Those words, that whisper of doubt led to other thoughts. That the story was cliché, that the plot was dry, that the characters were boring, and that the story was unfixable. Those little thoughts that nagged at me, making the project seem more and more useless, quenching my desire to write the story until I gave up on it completely.
    The voices of doubt. Every writer hears them, right? Every writer has gone through something like this in the process of writing--including professional writers who, once they ignored the doubts and kept writing, eventually produced masterpieces that readers adore.
    Don't listen to the voices of doubt! Nothing you write will be useless. Even if you never get that particular story published, you can still have improved writing skills through the process of completing it.
    Keep on writing! Don't give up! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment