Saturday, August 8, 2015

Psalm 143:5

Hey, blogging world. :) I won't be around tomorrow, so I'm posting the Sunday Bible Verse today.
 
 
"I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Your works; I muse on the work of Your hands."
Psalm 143:5 (NKJ)

    I was re-reading my old diaries earlier today, and I was amazed by some of the things I suddenly remembered. Funny moments that I laughed at, hard times that I thought about solemnly, good times at which I smiled on, occasions where God did things so incredible that I just had to read the passage again. Remembering all those old times was really awesome.
    And it strengthened me. Looking back, I saw how God was always with me, planning things with care, strengthening me, and bringing wonderful blessings from things that initially sent me into Panic Mode. What looked like a mess then looks like a masterpiece now, and by re-reading my thoughts from then, I remembered valuable lessons I'd learned.
    Now I'm not suggesting we think about the past all of the time--but every now and then, it's good to remember the days of old. To remember how God has always worked things out. Don't you agree? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment