Thursday, January 21, 2016

Grace

    Admittedly, there are times when I feel guilty as I pray--particularly when asking God for something. Bless me? After messing up intentionally and/or unintentionally numerous times? Inspire me to write? After I've been chasing waterfalls in my mind all day?  Help me do well on this test? After only using fifteen (okay, ten) minutes to study? No way do I deserve any blessings of that kind. What I probably really deserve is a bonk on the head. And I feel guilty for asking the Lord for so much.
    But when I read the Bible and hear about God giving grace freely, and being patient with believers who mess up big time, it all becomes clear again. Grace is undeserved kindness, and God wants to give it to us. He blesses us gladly in spite of our flaws because He loves us so much. And He will never stop loving us. It's such a relief to know we can fall into His caring arms . . .
    Do you have a favorite Bible verse or quote about grace? What is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment