Tuesday, November 24, 2015

How Drawing Can Help You Write


    Last year during NaNoWriMo, as I was writing my manuscript, I sketched and even colored a number of pictures. Drawings of characters, room layouts, sketches of tools, and outfit designs.
   It really helped me visualize the story, and when I was debating on how to describe something's color, comparing colors on the drawings really helped. Not to mention that looking at a picture of the characters, seeing their faces and having a picture of them doing things, was encouraging and cool.
   Even if the art isn't exactly a masterpiece, it can help the creative juices flow. And if you don't like drawing but have a friend who does, giving them a description and asking them to draw the character is really awesome!
    Does anyone else out there draw pictures of their characters or scenes from their stories? Would anyone want to design the book cover of their story?

No comments:

Post a Comment