Sunday, July 5, 2015

Psalm 27:8


"When You said, 'Seek My face,' my heart said to You, 'Your face, LORD, I will seek.'"
Psalm 27:8 (NKJ)

    "Seek My face," God said.
    To seek someone's face is basically to meet up with them and know them better. Kind of like you'd get to know a friend, growing closer to each other and strengthening the friendship. Here, God is giving us an invitation to get to know Him better.
    Why do we have to be the ones to approach? God's not being hard-to-get or anything. He wants us to approach Him because He won't impose on us. He wants us to be fully willing and glad to be in His presence, praying and hearing from Him not out of a sense of duty, but out of an eagerness to know Him better. You know what I mean?
    Well, have a great week, people of Internet land! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment